From Neighbourhood to Cyberhood: Over a third of Neighbourhood Watch members are now more concerned about cybercrime than physical crime.
So Neighbourhood Watch have now launched a Cyberhood Watch initiative and have published a number of ‘Layman’s Guides’ to help you to understand some of the terminology. These are:
- Cybersecurity Terms & Metaphors
- Protect Your Family Online: The Cyber Savvy Parent
- What are Password Managers and how do they work?
- What is Two-Factor Authentication?
- How to Fight Phishing (pronounced fishing)
- What is the Internet of Things?
- Popular threats on Android and how to avoid them
- Popular threats on iOS (Apple) and how to avoid them
These can all be accessed at Avast and Neighbourhood Watch’s ‘UK Cyberhood Watch’ partnership
Keep your Home PC’s Protected with Sophos Free home edition Antivirus : https://www.sophos.com/en-us/lp/sophos-home.aspx (free for Home use)
Avast (AVG) also offer Free home Antivirus software: https://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download#pc
Other providers may also offer similar products.
To report Online fraud, attempted fraud or cyber crime please go to: http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud
Buying and Selling second-hand PC’s, Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets and Phones
If you are buying or selling second-hand devices you need to know how to erase the personal data that is on them (and why it’s important when you’re buying and selling them).
Follow this link to get the latest advice from The National Cyber Security Centre: