From Neighbourhood to Cyberhood: Over a third of Neighbourhood Watch members are now more concerned about cybercrime than physical crime.
So Neighbourhood Watch has now launched a Cyberhood Watch initiative and has published a number of ‘Layman’s Guides’ to help you to understand some of the terminology. These are:
- Cybersecurity Terms & Metaphors
- Protect Your Family Online: The Cyber Savvy Parent
- What are Password Managers and how do they work?
- What is Two-Factor Authentication?
- How to Fight Phishing (pronounced fishing)
- What is the Internet of Things?
- Popular threats on Android and how to avoid them
- Popular threats on iOS (Apple) and how to avoid them
- Checking and Protecting your Facebook data
- How to change your Privacy settings on Instagram
- What is Social Engineering and How to protect yourself?
- What is a VPN and how does it work?
- How to Report Scams & Frauds
- What is adware and how do I prevent it?
- Cookies – the good, the bad and the ugly
Keep your Home PC’s Protected with Sophos Free home edition Antivirus : https://www.sophos.com/en-us/lp/sophos-home.aspx (free for Home use)
Avast (AVG) also offer Free home Antivirus software: https://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download#pc
Other providers may also offer similar products.
Reporting fraud and scams
To report Online fraud or cyber crime please go to: http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud
To report a scam or fraudulent e-mail please forward it to email@example.com
To report a scam or fraudulent text please forward it to 7726.
Buying and Selling second-hand PC’s, Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets and Phones
If you are buying or selling second-hand devices you need to know how to erase the personal data that is on them (and why it’s important when you’re buying and selling them).
Follow this link to get the latest advice from The National Cyber Security Centre: